Search facets allow you to filter assets shown in the gallery using existing file metadata and attributes. For example, the results of a search for jpg images can be narrowed down by size, creation date, and/or any other custom attributes you have configured. Facets are visible anytime you are viewing assets in the gallery, whether they be from browsing a folder, saved searches, collections, or performing a search.
To use facets to refine your gallery, click the facet, then the desired option from the drop-down of attribute values for that attribute. Only attribute options with values applied to the assets in your current gallery will be displayed. The gallery will narrow to only those assets that met your selected criteria, with your current applied facets displaying as pill tags above the gallery header. If you want to remove the criteria, either deselect the option from the drop-down or click the x button shown in the criteria's pill tag.
When a facet value for an attribute exceeds 999, the value will be replaced with an infinity symbol ( ∞ ).
Facet filtering options
By default, facets operate in what we call the hybrid filter mode . Your site's administrator may have adjusted this behavior to either additive or subtractive mode. Note that if there are more configured facets than can fit in the gallery header, an overflow menu to the right of the facet list will contain the rest of the facets.
Hybrid facet behavior uses an OR operator between attribute values, but an AND operator between attributes. For example, Dog breeds = (Corgi OR Labrador) AND Dog gender = Female.
Additive facet behavior uses an OR operator between all attribute values and attributes. For example, Dog breeds = (Corgi OR Labrador) OR Dog gender = Female.
System attribute facets
The following System facets are enabled by default. These choices can be customized by your administrator:
- Created: The date the file was created, according to its metadata. This metadata is usually inserted by the device that created the file, such as the camera or your operating system.
- Type: The format family an asset belongs to. Examples of a format type include but are not limited to audio, document, and image types.
- Size: The size range of the file.
- Extension: The file extension of the original file, e.g. .jpg or .pdf.
- Imported: The date the asset was first imported into NetX.
- Modified: The last time the asset was altered in NetX.
Custom attribute facets
Certain custom attribute types can also be added to your site's available facets. Note that only multi-select, pulldown, and tag attributes will be available. Any attribute you choose as a facet which also has values for at least one asset in the current gallery will display with those facets in the gallery header. To customize the display of custom attribute facets:
- Log on as an Administrator and navigate to System > Attributes.
- Click the toggle switch under the Search facet column for any valid attribute you want to enable as a facet.
To configure folders as facets:
- Log on as a Manager or above, and edit the desired folder.
- Scroll to the bottom of the folder edit page and check the Search facet box.
System attributes as facets
Created corresponds to an asset's creation date system attribute value.
- Today: Created between midnight this morning (inclusive) and midnight of the same night (exclusive).
- Past week: Created between midnight seven days ago (inclusive) and midnight of the current night (exclusive).
- Past month: Created between midnight one month ago (inclusive) and midnight of the current night (exclusive).
- Past year: Created between midnight one year ago (inclusive) and midnight of the current night (exclusive).
- Older: Created before midnight one year ago.
Extension corresponds to an asset's file format system attribute value such as .jpg, .mp3, .mp4, etc.
Imported corresponds to an asset's import date system attribute value.
- Today: Uploaded between 12:00 am and 11:59 pm today.
- Past week: Uploaded between 12:00 am seven days ago and 11:59 pm today.
- Past month: Uploaded between 12:00 am one month ago and 11:59 pm today.
- Past year: Uploaded between 12:00 am one year ago and 11:59 pm today.
- Older: Uploaded before 11:59 pm one year ago.
Modified corresponds to an asset's latest modification date system attribute value.
- Today: Modified between 12:00 am and 11:59 pm today.
- Past week: Modified between 12:00 am seven days ago and 11:59 pm today.
- Past month: Modified between 12:00 am one month ago and 11:59 pm today.
- Past year: Modified between 12:00 am one year ago and 11:59 pm today.
- Older: Modified before 11:59 pm one year ago.
Size refers to an asset's file size.
- Tiny: Under 1MiB (inclusive).
- Small: Between 1MiB (exclusive) and 50 MiB (inclusive).
- Medium: Between 50 MiB (exclusive) and 250 MiB (inclusive).
- Large: Between 250MiB (exclusive) and 1 GiB (inclusive).
- Extra large: Over 1 GiB (exclusive).
Type corresponds to an asset's file format family system attribute value such as image, audio, video, etc.
There are certain properties which can be used to further customize the behavior of search facets.
|hybrid / additive / subtractive||No|
The number of times a value must appear in a result set before it will be returned as a facet option. The default minimum is 1.
The maximum number of options that will be returned for each facet. The default maximum is 25. The maximum number allowed is 99, though more than 50 is not recommend. This is not enforced for system facets.
|fileFormatFamily, fileType, fileSize, creationDate, importDate, modificationDate, none||This property controls which system facets are displayed. The value is a comma-separated list of desired system facets with no spaces between. To disable all system facets, use the value none.||No|