Perform a quick keyword search using the search bar at the top of the application window. Keyword searches match across the following attributes:
- File: The full name (including extension) of the physical file stored in NetX, and is generated when uploading an asset.
- Name: The internal label NetX uses for the asset. By default, this is the name of the physical file without the extension.
- Extension : The file extension, indicating the file format e.g. jpg, mp4, pdf, etc.
- Format family : A general format type without a specific extension, e.g. image, video, document, etc.
- Folder name : The name of the folder the asset resides in.
- Folder path : The full folder path that assets reside in.
- Any custom attributes created by an administrator.
Once you begin typing into the search bar, a dropdown of suggested search terms may appear. Selecting a search suggestion will automatically perform an exact search for that term.
Two other search types may be available to you from the search bar, if your site's administrator has enabled them:
- Asset ID: Search for an asset by its unique asset identification number, generated when an asset is first uploaded in NetX. This feature must be enabled by your system administrator and is disabled by default.
- Content: Search for text content in document files, e.g. pdf, doc, txt files. Quotation marks should not be used to return results, even in the case of a quoted text such as a dialogue segment. Content searches must be configured by an administrator.
Performing a keyword search
- Make sure the dropdown to the left of the input bar at the top of your window is labeled Keyword. This will be the default search option when you first log in to the application.
- Type your search terms into the input bar.
- Hit enter on your keyword to perform the search, or select a search suggestion from the dropdown.