NetX allows users to create custom PDFs using existing assets in the application. These PDFs display asset thumbnails according to the order and layout dictated by your PDF's customization. Attribute data can also be included. Any asset may be used to create a PDF, though non-image assets without a thumbnail or image preview will display a default thumbnail icon.
Create PDF action
PDFs can be generated for a single asset or multiple assets at once:
- Open the action menu from a single asset's detail page; select Create PDF.
- Right-click a single asset's thumbnail and select Create PDF from its context menu.
- Select assets, open the selection bar's action menu and select Create PDF.
- Open the gallery action menu and select Create PDF.
Creating a PDF during download and share
Creating a PDF
- Give your PDF a Title that appears in every page header.
- Select the grid layout the PDF will use to display assets. The number of attributes displayed depends on the chosen grid layout: a selection of 1x1 has a maximum of ten attributes, 2x2 allows for five, and a selection of 3x3 is limited to three.
- Choose an attribute set that includes the attributes you wish to display. Note that even if an attribute set is selected, the maximum number of attributes allowable for your chosen grid layout will still apply. Attributes populate in the order they appear for the attribute set, from top to bottom.
- Manually add attributes to the list of attributes displayed in the PDF. These selections are not tied to a specific attribute set. You will not be able to add more attributes than allowable for your chosen grid layout.
- Edit which attributes are displayed in your PDF, whether generated by an attribute set selection or added individually. Attributes can be rearranged using the drag button, or removed using the X button.
- If Display attribute names is checked, the PDF will display the name of the attribute as well as its value.
- If Use high-res images is checked, NetX will use a higher-quality preview of your PDF assets.
- Cancel closes the creation window without saving your configuration; Download initiates a download of the PDF.
The final PDF for the above configuration looks like this:
Sorting PDF Assets
The order of assets displayed in your PDF will depend on the attribute and sort order of your gallery. To rearrange the assets for a PDF sheet, choose a new attribute and sort order.
The following properties may be used to adjust the output of your PDFs.
If this property is true, clicking an asset's image on a PDF sheet will navigate a user directly to the asset's detail page in NetX. Note that this feature will still be subject to asset permissions and requires an active NetX session.
If this property is true, attributes included in your share link will be truncated to preserve a consistent grid layout. If you would like attributes to always display their full values, and do not need the PDF to maintain a consistent grid, set this property to false.
|Text input||Use this property to display a custom message on the PDF creation modal.|
Extended Character Sets
If you have characters that are out-of-bounds for the Latin set — such as Devanagari, Cyrillic, and others — you can obtain a copy of Microsoft's Arial Universal Font (arialuni.ttf). Copy the file into the NetX installation path, typically here:
With this properly installed, the Create PDF system will utilize that font for supporting extended character sets. This font is supported in NetX version 8.5.75 or later.