Attribute sets are curated lists of attributes used to filter the display of data in various contexts throughout the application. While NetX administrators manage system attribute sets accessible to all users, individuals can create their own shareable attribute sets.
Creating a user attribute set
- Click the User button and select Attribute sets.
- To add a new set, click the plus button.
- Give your set a name.
- Click the Add attribute button to begin adding attributes. Select attributes via the drop-down list, or type the name of the attribute into the filter field to quickly narrow your results.
- To customize the order of your set, use the drag contexts. The topmost attribute will appear first, and is the single visible attribute shown in card view. button to drag an attribute to its desired place. The order shown here is respected in all gallery, asset detail, and attribute editing
- Remove unwanted attribute fields with the button.
- Click Save to create the set.
Editing user attribute sets
Any user with sufficient privileges can add new attributes, reorder, and rename or delete a set. Using the menu button which accompanies each set:
- Select Share with team to edit a set's participants.
- Select Edit attribute set to change or reorder the attributes in the set, or rename the set.
- Select Delete attribute set to delete the set from the system; this will delete the set for all users.
Sharing attribute sets
Attribute sets can be shared with other users, with custom roles that allow you to control which actions can be performed.
When sharing an attribute set, you can assign a user one of three roles: viewer, contributor, or manager. Each of these will grant access to the attribute set being shared. These roles are independent of user level, but users without explicit user level permission to an attribute will not be able to see that attribute in any context. Note that permissions are cumulative; if a user is given multiple roles – either explicitly or as a group or all users – the most permissive role will take precedence.
- Viewers: Viewers can view the attribute set in gallery, asset detail, and editing contexts. They cannot edit the set in any way, delete the set, or edit roles.
- Contributors: Contributors can view the attribute set in any application context, and can also modify the set. This includes adding, removing, and ordering any attributes as well as renaming the set. They cannot delete the set or edit roles.
- Managers: Managers can view the attribute set in any application context, modify the set itself (both its name and attribute content), manage participants, and delete the set from the system. When you create a new attribute set, you will automatically be granted a manager role. The last user with a role of manager cannot be removed from the set.
Sharing with a team
- Click the set's menu button and select Share with team.
- Select the Permission (role) for your new participant.
- Using the Type field, choose whether your permission applies to a user, group, or all users in the system.
- If your role is applied to either a user or a group, begin typing into the rightmost field and select your target user or group from the subsequent drop-down list.
- Each participant can be edited or removed using the menu button.
- Role changes or additions take place immediately; click the Done button to close the participants window.
Note that if a user is given multiple roles, either explicitly or via group membership, the role with the greatest privileges will take precedence. Users will automatically be emailed about their new shared attribute set; check Share message to participants to send an additional custom message to new users to the attribute set when the Done button is clicked.
Using attribute sets
Attribute sets are available in any context that attributes appear, including: the gallery, asset detail pages, attribute editing contexts, and other workflow screens. In the attribute set drop-down list, user sets appear under a User sets heading to indicate that the set is a user-created set, and system sets (created by administrators) appear under a System sets header.
In the gallery
Attribute sets can be used in curator or list gallery views. Attributes that have no data will show No value for the attribute, but will display the attribute name. Note that card view will display only the first (topmost) attribute in your set.
In asset detail view
While viewing an individual asset from its detail page, you can select attribute sets from the drop-down list on the righthand side. In this context, only custom attributes in the set are shown since system attributes are not editable.
In attribute editing tools
Choose an attribute set while viewing attributes in either grid editor or quick edit panel contexts. Only custom attributes will appear in these contexts, as system attributes will not be editable.