Asset views are auxiliary files attached to a primary asset. Common uses include: closed caption files, release forms for usage rights, or alternate photography. Views can be managed by users that are Producer level or higher.
- Use the plus button found along the top-left of the Views tab to begin adding a view.
- Give your new view a Name (mandatory).
- Give your new view a Description (optional). This description is limited to 255 characters.
- Use the Select file button to open a file picker. Select the view file you wish to upload.
- Click Save to upload your view.
Click a view's action menu button and choose Download.
Click a view's action menu button and choose Edit. You can edit the Name, Description, or replace the file used for the view.
To permanently delete the view from the asset, click the action
menu button and select Delete.
While system-generated views may be replaced or edited, it is not recommended unless you understand how the new file will affect the functionality of the primary asset.
Certain file types automatically receive system-generated views when they are uploaded to NetX.
The previewXMP file records a file's embedded metadata when it is uploaded into NetX. You can view this data in the Embedded metadata tab found on an asset's detail page. If an asset is reimported or checked in, this embedded data may update.
The previewH264 file allows you to view a preview of a video file on its detail page.
The previewMP3 file allows you to view a preview of an audio asset on its detail page.